Thursday, September 25, 2008

Excited!!

Well all you following this perilous (ok maybe not that bad) journey we are pumped. We have our social worker meeting on Oct 6th to get our home visits done and then as soon as she is able to compile our approved homestudy we are ready to send off our paperwork to our agency. Then it goes to D.C. to be authenticated, then back to our agency to be sent to Ethiopia. Once in country it will be translated, paired with our little man's file, and then awaits court approval. Once court happens we are told our travel dates and then ladies and gentleman, we are outta here on a ungodly long flight to meet our guy. The idea of flying for like 30 hours sounds horrific BUT the idea of wrapping my arms around that little guy gives me butterflies in my tummy and makes me want to scream with delight. What a process. Ok so I just typed "horrific" and it made me think of Faithie. So the other day I was explaining to Grammy Joann that Faithie is quite good at braids these days and she pipes up " Well only on other people, on me it's just horrible!" And I laughed, what a grownup thing for a 6 year old to say. Hehe. She's a doll. I've also got to get some video on here of Mikey screaming "Mooom!" Way too cute. We also have some praises on the financial front for the adoption. We have a donor giving like $5000 which is amazing. 2 in the states tickets given so we only have to pay from New York or somewhere on the East Coast to Ethiopia and then back plus our guy. And some other people have given money totalling around $1000. So that's like awesome. We are going to apply for grants and see what comes of it. Like everyone applies and not very many get it. So we'll see. The worst that can happen is we don't get it, and that's ok. Well I'm a dope and took advil for a killer headache this morning and then ate something. Shoulda reversed that. Eat and then pills. Cause my oh my do I feel like crap! Bummer eh? Oh well, Hope is excited to lay with me on the couch and Mikey is just running around laughing so whatever! :).
Thanks for tuning into yet another ADD moment -
Blessings,
Kala

3 comments:

sara b said...

KALA! What a huge blessing!! I have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so. Things are moving!

On Purpose said...

Thanks for spending some time at park with me!

I am praying and knowing God is all around you and desires to bring you peace!

Love to you and prayers up to Him!

missy said...

so cool about god's provision for financing the adoption. i'm sure there will be more stories to come. can't wait for you to go on that ungodly flight!