Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hum De Dum...

Hey what's up with you? Oh me, not much just GOING TO ETHIOPIA this weekend! Uh huh, yup you heard me correctly. We got a call on Tuesday morning, like 8:30, and I was at work and I'm not "technically"supposed to answer my phone but I saw I missed a call from our caseworker. So I secretly texted my hubby and told him to get on the phone NOW. About 3 minutes later Faithie calls my work and says "Hey mommy, you get to go to Ethiopia to pick up "H"!!!!! So Hopie and I started jumping up and down, Mikey just stood there like "oh great, today she actually lost her mind..." And I was FREAKING out after that!
So the last 2 days have been frantically packing cause yeah you guessed it we didn't prep ahead of time, other than packing donations. Our stuff didn't get packed til yesterday, but now we're just making sure we've got everything and See ya people, I'm meetin my son!!
So it's weird cause in like 4 days, he won't just be a picture I show off, he'll be in my arms FOREVER! Wow, it's hard to wrap my brain around but I'm up for it!

Thank you to all those who have prayed, brought cute clothes, gave moola, and just listened as we blabbed about the journey. It's been a blessing to share this journey with you all and I can't wait to share the next part, raising "H"!! Wow, what an honor!

And with that I'm going to go sing with the HSM3 dvd, because I literally can't resist!!!


Blessings,
Kala

5 comments:

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been following your blog because my brother and his wife are also adopting -- and they will be in Ethiopia when you're there! They left a few days earlier than scheduled so they could soak up the culture, and will be arriving in just a few hours (they left yesterday). Have a *great* trip and say hello to Matt and Monica (my bro/sis-in-law)! I'm praying for you all!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you all!!!! Can't wait to see pics of your new addition!! Be sure to have fun and enjoy every second of it!!! HH is sooo amazing, kids, workers, drivers, Almaz, hotel staff, the people, the georgeous views of the mountains....take it in!!!!! It is God on Earth!!! Have safe flights and know that we will be praying for your journies....bring that boy home!!!

Eryn said...

Yay-ya! So happy for your good news!!

Charisa said...

Have an awesome time Kala! Can't wait to see him in your arms!

On Purpose said...

Praying for safe and smooth travel. And waiting anxiously to meet the newest member of your terrific family! Love you!