Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Could This Day Get Any Better????

Ok, so I'm stoked! Today in the mail after... count 'em people.... 6 WEEKS!!!!, we finally received our approved home study in the mail! Oh yeah baby. I'm so stinkin excited. My paperwork would already be at our agency except when we verified our documents and put them in order we realized we missed a few things. Oops. I would like to say this is an anomaly and that we are always prepared and ready for everything but I would be lying - we are throw it together kinda people. Need I say more? Anyway. Surprisingly enough I'm in a great mood after getting the mail considering Mikey has another HORRIBLE cold and didn't sleep for nothin last night. So I'm wiped out but amazingly optimistic with our new hurdle almost completed.
On another smokin note, K Mart is doubling coupons. Sing it with me, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!! I almost screamed when I saw the ads. And I've been a good little coupon momma and saved TONS of coupons for just about everything sooooo.... I'm headin to K Mart to save some dough on some much needed items and Christmas stocking stuffers and such. Woohoo. So I will post after I hit K Marche and brag about my sales! :). Hopefully the isles aren't bare yet.
On a Christmas note, we are fully decorated and loving our Christmas-y house. I love this time of year except for snow. Snow is only for looking at with me. We have a love/hate relationship, snow and I. Snow loves to look pretty and inviting and beckons all those feeling in a shopping mood (which is me on any given moment) to venture out into the weather and enjoy it's beauty. I, on the other hand, HATE snow. Every year it costs me money, usually cause I bounce of something in my car like oh I don't know, someone else's car for example. And that's just you know, uh, hypothetically speaking of course. On that hypothetical note, let's say I have totalled one car, messed up a parent's truck, bounced off a cement barrier. In this 'hypothetical' world there are too many accidents to name. Anywho... nice tangent huh? So it's Christmas time, and we celebrate 12 days of Christmas with our kids by doing a small present each day starting December 13th. Now since we have one more boy to get home we are downscaling like crazy in the spending department but are still managing to get some cute and fun things that will delight the kids. The girls look so forward to fun little things. This year we are adding in like a pack of Oreos which sounds silly to some I'm sure, but you obviously don't know my feeling of Oreos and how strongly I feel the need to educate my children on this particular matter. I LOVE Oreos, and only double stuff thank you very much.(Side note, when I was prego with Faithie, I would call Jason literally every other day for an Oreo run on his way home from work, they are miraculous, seriously.) There are few things I HAVE to buy name brands of and Oreo's are one of them. There's no skimpin, that and Kraft Mac and Cheese. Once you go Kraft, you'll never go back! Hehe. Seriously though, I'm not big on brand names unless they are ridiculously cheap and then I'll get them. But I've got standards. So, tonight I'm off to find some ridiculously cheap deals for stockings and gifts and household items, unfortunately our K Mart doesn't have numerous food items. Wish me luck!!

Blessings,
KalaKalaBoBala


*****Update: So, Kmarche...drum roll.... I spent 23.68 and saved a grand total of 16.25 in coupons, oh yeah, it was a great night. Plus my momma went with me and it's rare to spend time with just her, so bonus!!

4 comments:

Eryn said...

Yay for the homestudy! That rocks...and so does coupon deals, good luck!

missy said...

congrats on getting that baby out of your hair! you are one big step closer to bringing your sweet boy home! i hope we DON'T travel together. don't get me wrong, I can tell you would be a total blast to travel with. but i want you to go get him much sooner than we will since we will be waiting awhile!!! we will just have to wait and meet at an agci picnic someday. until then, it's fun to be blog buddies at least!

On Purpose said...

I just love your positive energy...hey try bottling some and selling it...money for something?!?

I love you my friend...aren't we about due for a girl trip...hey at least to get something warm to drink and chat...okay maybe just I need it...but hey...

Karen said...

I am SOOOO glad that you FINALLY got through the homestudy part. Congrats.