Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Milk and Cheese

WARNING!!! The following is NOT a brag session merely THANKING GOD for HIS unfailing patience with me!! Ok so YEARS ago we lived in Spokane (some of the best years of my life to date) and we were literally living my the grace of God financially. The church we were at didn't pay great (surprise surprise, a ministry job that you don't get rich in) and I had snagged a pretty awesome babysitting gig in my own home with one family that happened to pay AWESOME. Anywho, so back in these days we had enormous debt and I have blogged previously about my desire to be debt free and save money. That's me in a nut shell, no financial woes, wouldn't that be great? So we had school payment, credit cards, car payments, life payments you know the drill. And my hubby made around $2000 a month roughly and God landed me this amazing job where I made around $900 a month. Anyway, broke we were, every time I turned around we had another bill to pay and couldn't seem to get ahead. We'd get a tax return, pay off one bill, not be good and rack up even more debt. It was a vicious cycle. And I have also mentioned in previous blogs, I'm a dreamer right? Ok, so one of my dreams in life is to have money available to give to other people, whether I know them or not, like a lady who's card is declined in the store, cover it for her. Get someone groceries and never let them find out it was me. That kind of stuff. You get the idea. I wanted to be as generous as I could but financially we just couldn't do it. So we move to Yakima and the spending doesn't change and the finances stay tight. Until Jas and I get on the same page. So it's only been a year or so, maybe not even that long that we've been very careful about money. No car payments, cheap food, careful spending etc. And we might have a new adventure to which I can't give details on yet coming quite soon. Anyway, so we've tried to be faithful stewards of the money God is giving us each month. Ok, LONG intro I know.... so Monday morning I woke up and thought of a friend and I felt God saying, take her milk. So Jas went to the store for us cause we needed milk and cheese and we got her and her fam some milk and cheese. So I called her up and made sure she was home and dropped it off to her. She blogged it was God's grace to her, but I am more confident it was God's grace for me. See I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and if I look back yeah sure there were moments we had dough but we were busy spending it on stupid crap not looking outward to find people who might need help. So I'm standing back today and this week and just thankful to God for patiently waiting for our lives to back up what's in our hearts so we can show Jesus to people we know and hopefully to people we may not know. I'm praying my heart is bent towards generosity and that God will give me the eyes to see the needs and the ears to hear him whispering "Go get them some milk and cheese!"

Blessings,
Kala

3 comments:

On Purpose said...

For His Grace is so stinkin amazing I just can't wrap my little blonde head around it. I love you!

Juel said...

Hey Kayla! What a good day you had, so awesome.

Would you please pass onto Jason for me, how much it meant to Bruce to have him call him yesterday. It touched my man's heart. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hey Kala,
i saw your post on my blog. email me a pic of your boy and i'll check through my pictures! we played with a lot of older children when we were there, so i wouldn't be surprised at all if we have footage of him!

XOXO,
karen
keyates11@gmail.com