Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Last 5 weeks....

Okey dokey, so I've been BUSY to say the least and haven't had time to post in a while. I am sorry for the delay but I have good reasons like....
ringworm outbreak, scabies outbreak on Henok the same week as ringworm appeared, a positive t.b. skin test on Henok even though he tested negative in Ethiopia...???....a chest xray to determine no t.b. in his lungs, Praise God, working, doing 7-9 loads of laundry a day to try and kill ringworm and scabies by cleaning all bedding-clothing-towels after every use and I'm beyond sick of all this cleaning BUT hallelujah we are done with all of it! I did however get a personal phone call from our Ped. to tell me he wants Henok in ASAP due to his severe scoliosis. So we'll start more dr. visits soon. Hooray!

On a lighter and less whiny note life is getting better and better. I can honestly say I'm beyond the self pity and the Why God did we do this, and tears in the bathroom over frustrations with all the transition and we're into a phase where I feel like Henok's always been here. In fact I have to keep telling myself when he does get a little freaked out "Oh yeah,it's only been a month.." That's how much things have changed. Praise God. His mercy's are new, and he heard the cries of my heart to see this little boy with eyes of love and tenderness. I have called out to God begging for attachment and a sense of bonding with Henok and I and again, God didn't disappoint. I pray every night over Henok and my heart. That I will remain soft and loving when I'm wanting to scream. And yes I still do scream, anybody who knows me knows that. I'm one step shy of a nuthouse some days but it's all good. We're feeling much more close and connected as a family and that is EXACTLY what I've wanted, hoped and prayed for!

Henok is doing GREAT. The other day Hope had daddy take off her training wheels and off she went like she'd been riding her bike without training wheels her whole life! So Henok immediately was like "Oh no she didn't! If she can I can!" So he started saying "off mommy, off off!" And other than the fact the poor kid is so darn short his legs don't touch the ground when he's on the bike (I feel his pain! It's the stinkin story of my life!) he's able to ride without his training wheels too! Mikey thinks he's able to do that but uh sorry bud if Henok's too short you don't have a prayer.

I hope to update with pics, I am soooo horrible at this but honestly we don't download to the computer that much and I'm pleading ignorance. I don't have the slightest idea how to do this and haven't much cared to learn yet so there ya go!

We are leaving town in a few hours for the river where will have his first boat and jet ski ride! Oh man, have I been waiting for this! He has NO CLUE how much fun it will be.

For all of you checking in, thanks for following our journey so far. We're doing well and if you live in Yak-town stop by and say Hi! Faithie is still acting like Henok is show and tell so she'd love to introduce you to him!!! (oh and much thanks to Gram Darla who has supplied "teacher" Faithie with her classroom materials to teach Henok english. - she has red pencils for grading and everything!)

Blessings to all,
Kala

4 comments:

Matt said...

Glad to hear things are going better. Hopefully you can figure out the picture thing so we can see more pics of the family. Have a great time at the river!

On Purpose said...

Enjoy the river!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praising God for your journey!!! Sounds like God has been moving in amazing ways!!

Eastiopians said...

This is my first time to your blog...I love it! I love the way your write. You talk about serious issues but you are also SO funny when you write. I can't wait to catch up and read more. I am adopting through AGCI. I also have pretty severe scoliosis and my life has been very very normal. No-one even know that I have it...unless your a doctor and check my spine..then they are like, "Oh! Did you realize you have a very curved spine?" Um, yeah. Of course I know. So, don't be alarmed. Anyway, talk to you later!

Theresa