Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whew!

Ok so summer is coming to a close, HALLELUJAH. A sense of normalcy is going to descend on this house in the next 2 weeks that I'm dyin for people. I am a creature of habit and routine. My day may look slightly disheveled but I have a flow to it and DO NOT like it disrupted. I like knowing what's coming next and that I can trust my handy dandy calendar to guide me through my week. That being said our summer has been anything but normal or routine and I'm just FREAKIN out. I have been quite a bear to live with these days which although I may be well aware of it, my attitude is the same...my poor family...anyway. We have done it all this summer (except the zoo but don't get me started) I led worship with da band at 2 summer camps with a week of "rest" (there is none with 4 BUSY kids by the way), my washer went out (and ringworm keeps creeping back so we've been on overload but I think, I actually think it's gone for good)I'm waiting for my parents old washer and dryer so we can maintain our minimum 4 loads a day to keep going. Went on vacay baby to Seaside OR, that's a whole nother post and maybe pictures if I can get blogger to download, came home and are now just trying to catch our breath! Yikes. I have made a command decision that we WILL not be this busy next year and I will try my hardest to maintain that - I feel bad like we haven't been home long enough to feel like we could get into a routine of life with 4 kids we've just been scrambling all summer long so this school year is a welcome relief. 2 kids in all day school (boohoo and woohoo all at the same time) and 2 little boys that will get some mommy time and some serious working on colors,numbers and letters. We'll see if we can learn these boys a thing or two! :).
Blessings to all and with luck I'll get the pics posted sometime in the next few days.
Kala

4 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Awww....love routine!!! I am a routine kind of person too!

Eryn said...

were you guys in seaside this week? We were there Sunday doing the bumper cars on our way camping. Funny if we were there the same time!

Matt said...

As crazy as things seem for us with three, I can't imagine having four. Hope everything is going well. Looking forward to seeing some pics of Henok!

Daisy said...

SEASIDE AS IN FLORIDA???? WE GO TO DESTIN EVERY YEAR for the past 18! WOW! If it's the same area, we are absolutely in LOVE with it!