Thursday, October 8, 2009

O the crazy life I lead....

Well hello all those people that I'm sure have thought that I fell off the face of the earth! To my credit, I was without a computer for like 2 1/2 weeks and have been reading a lot, and started Bible Study Fellowship, and have 4 kids plus my nephew 5 days a week before and after school, and what else? Oh yea I also have this guy I'm married to, who likes me and we like to spend time together so our SACRED 8pm bedtime means Mommy and Daddy get to read in quiet, watch a movie together(which involves Jas finishing the movie and I'm usually passed out around 15 minutes in but whatever..man the first 15 minutes of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are great!!!)
So no, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I've just not been bloggin' ya'll. No worries.

I do think it's time for a little update.
Faithie is in 2nd grade this year, YIKES, I'm old if I've got a 2nd grader! She is loving school, and has this amazing Christian teacher who is just fabulous. In fact, we got a call on our home phone the other night and it was her teacher saying she was looking at the sunset and thought of Faith because she had said in class she loves beautiful sunsets. So Faith hit the teacher jackpot to say the least. She is reading all the time and started Bible Study Fellowship with me, so she has homework she does each day and goes on Monday nights for her discussion and learning. What a great way for her and I to connect through scripture! Oh and my mom's doin BSF too, so 3 generations of crazy ladies are studying the same scripture, that is just beyond cool to me.
Hopie also hit the proverbial teacher jackpot and has really been enjoying school. Although about 2 weeks ago she came home and said she wants to be home schooled because all her friends are in different reading groups (lower levels than her, she is with 3 other kids in a high level for kinder reading) and has decided that they are having more fun and that's not fair so home school it is. I did remind her that our family feels like we need to be in the school to show people Jesus' love and to be a good influence so home school isn't an option for us, not to mention she wouldn't enjoy it I'm sure. She's WAY too social.. I'm not sure how that happened (yea right between Jas and I our kids will ALWAYS have the 'talks to much in class' note in their report cards I'm sure!)
Henok is doing really well. He is picking up English REALLY fast, talking in full sentences and really adjusting nicely to our family. Him and I did have a rough go, on my end not his but that is SOOOO much better now, it's nice to have it feel like he's always been around. He was walking around telling Mikey (who is by far his bestest friend in the whole wide world that he LOVES him too much) Medically he's messed up though. We've been to Seattle Children's Hospital once already and will go back again at the end of Oct for some dental work and probably scheduling him to be knocked out for that plus while he's out he'll have a total brain and spine MRI. Henok has a 63degree curvature in his spine, VERY severe scoliosis and also we found out possibly has some cranio-facial issues like his skull has already fused together which at 5 shouldn't have happened yet. So there may be a possible surgery to open his skull at some point to allow his brain to grow. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there. He also has to be seen by an ENT and Optomologist to make sure that currently his brain isn't putting any pressure on his eyes. He has also had numerous blood draws and had to repeat a few because his levels were not right or something. Sorry I'm not dr so I couldn't tell ya what they're testing for! I'll tell ya what though, for all the crap he's gonna have to face physically he's got the best personality for the challenge. He could care less about blood draws or people pokin on him, he's Mr. life of the Party so as long as he's gettin attention, he's down for whatever!
Mikey, now here's a funny boy. His personality has just exploded the last few months, you wanna talk about funny. Oh my word. And I can't even explain it because it's all his facial expressions or the way he says a word! But here's a Mikey conversation with my mom...
Gram :Mikey can I hold you sweet boy?
Mikey : No!
Gram: Why not?
Mikey: Taus! (it would be cause be all c's sound like t's)
Anyway, more to come later!!!
Blessings to all,
Kala

4 comments:

missy said...

so good to hear from you again! i've missed you! glad to hear the girls are doing so well with school. SO sorry about all henok's health issues. how great that god has given him such a great personality for dealing with it. not to mention, such a great FAMILY. mikey sounds like a hoot!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Hey, great to hear from you again! We will be praying for Henok! Sounds horrible and not fun for a cute little man. Glad he is doing well with it all. I think I would just cry all the time!

Matt said...

Don't feel bad about the erratic posting. You're one kid ahead of us and I'm on your posting schedule. Actually with this post you've probably pulled ahead. Thanks for the update!

Eryn said...

Great to hear from you! I was jut wondering the other day how you all are doing with the changes....

Sounds like life is good! Tell the fam I said hello!