Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Amazing

Ok, God is like the coolest I decided. So we have a family in our church who contacted us about helping with the adoption expenses, which feels like a total confirmation to what we are doing. We decided that whatever it costs we are good for it, and if it costs us a lot then that's ok too, well worth the chance to see God be mighty. Anyway, its' exciting and wonderful to see the pieces slowly fit together. I'm just thrilled to be apart of the plan for a child to be in a forever family, and we get to be that family, how much better can life get I mean really?
Also, I suck at Guitar Hero, I played numerous times last night at our out of school bash at youth group and it's offical : I SUCK!! I was on easy the whole time and still didn't beat a kid who has never played before. (man I wish I was lying about that!) Although I played Bobby a kid in youth group who is amazing on expert level and beat him but I was on easy so I didn't really beat him but it makes me feel better. Hehe. I'm a dork, oh well!
I also learned how to take vitals today so anyone needing their blood pressure stats, I'm available. Can't promise they will be accurate but I'll give it the good ole college try! :). We had like 20ish minutes to learn how to use a blood pressure cuff, which is fun trying to put on your own arm, pump up let out the air to get a reading while listening for a pulse to find out the reading, oh and the whole time your fingers are like numb because the first time I didn't let the air out fast enough and got all tingly. Not a good idea but I'm a beginner. I bought a cuff and stethescope to do it on Jason tonight, little does he know but he's gonna have tingly fingers too, and maybe after a few tries I'll get it right. :).
I've got homework and some blood pressure to mess with, til later.....
Kala
(oh and I got scrubs the other day - I'll post pics when I get a chance to show ya just how cute I will be in clinicals!)

1 comment:

ckitt said...

Training sounds exciting! (except the bed pans part). You would be such a WONDERFUL labor and delivery nurse! Makes me want to have another just so you could be there to experience it with me (actually, I am just kidding about that!). However, those birth moms will be blessed to have you in the room! I miss seeing you and Mackenzie misses Hopey. We need to get together. Are Fridays your day off?