Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home Study Part 1

Whew! We made it through the first part. Our social worker came by today for a few hours and did the first half of our home study. I heard how nerve wracking some people feel about it and to be honest I had no preconceived notions of what it would be. What I did know is I didn't want it to look like we live like pigs OR that we tried too hard to make our house look perfect. But I will say we maintained the cleanliness everyday after it got cleaned for real, and I'm happy to say that since our social worker is coming back next Monday we have to keep it this clean. It's a good habit to start. I'm not the organized one around here so I tend to stuff things in places instead of creating a good spot for them. So we've been doin some good ol deep cleanin and it's really nice to have a place for everything and everything in it's place. So she asked us about our lives and families growing up, how we love each other, qualities about one another. How we solve problems, easy right, I'm always right! Hehe. That's how we solve them, Jason concedes. No I'm kidding but that doesn't sound like a bad plan. It was fun talking about each other with the other one there and hearing what he thinks about me and what I think about him. It was interesting how our social worker talked about what it will be like when we bring our guy home, she told us it's like our family is in a row boat and we all know our places and what our role is and then someone swims up to the boat so we pull them in to safety and in that jostling around and movement the order gets upset and everyone has to find their new spot. That really resonated with me, I liked the word picture. We will all have our adjusting to do with this, and I don't want to be naive about any of it, it won't do us any good. I also read about one gal who had older kids and everyone kept coming to see the new one and the others felt like, "What the heck, we've been here all along and they didn't stop by then." So that made me realize too that we will have to be VERY intentional with each child in making them feel their importance and worth in all of this. I've also got to get our book of our family pics sent off to our guy so he can see that holy crap we're all white! I wonder what it will be like for him to come home and all of his family doesn't look like him? That will be weird I'm sure I just want him to know how much we love him and it doesn't bother us one bit he doesn't look like us he's still our son. Oh I can' wait to meet this kid!
Anyway ,so we wrapped up with her coming back next week and I ran a few errands, and we mooched dinner off of my in laws. The night ended quickly when Faithie started puking, which was so fun, I hate it when my kids get sick. Oh yeah and Jason woke me up in the middle of the night throwing up, but he had one big incident and was done, he slept in and was doing pretty well by the time our social worker arrived. So I'm waiting for it to hit me, and Hopie. We're the last two standing so far, we'll see who holds out the longest. To be honest I would've figured it would be me since Michael sleeps with us still, I know I know, and he pretty much sleeps on me or touching me at all times. So I would've pegged me to be the first one down. Huh, we'll see. I still gotta get pics loaded for the brace. I'm slow I know. I'm actually tryin to get goin on my little business opp and want to find a stinkin name already so I can market it! We'll see. Oh and I'm applying for a side job where I can take the kids with me and hopefully between the two keep up the saving money, but be with the kids,and get my business going so I only have to do that. I can't tell you how good it feels to tell Jason I feel like I'm drowning thinking about going to work for 12 hours and missing my kids so bad. He hates me being gone too so he's being very flexible to find a way to get me out of work all together but until then find ways to keep me with the kids. When I told Faithie that I was looking for a job that would help me be home more she got a huge smile on her sweet face and gave me a hug and said "Oh good so now you'll be here!" So yeah job, what job, I gotta get home!
Thanks for listening, reading whatever, peace and have a great day!
Kala

1 comment:

missy said...

i just posted about the homestudy emotional dilemma for me. it's kind of a strange thing, isn't it? for once it's actually a good thing that i like talking about myself. glad to know your first visit went well!