Monday, July 14, 2008

Thankful

So how cool is my God - uh this cool.... So I got hired at a Retirement facility in their nursing home as a Dining Room lead where I will be helping set up meals, feeding residents who need assistance and charting who ate what - etc. Anyway I got hired about 4-6 weeks sooner than I was expected to. Jason had just told me he forgot to put a tithe check in 2 weeks previous and it was just sitting there waiting to be given to the church so he quickly thought about just tearing it up and using it for bills cause with me not working it's been 'tight'. So he then caught himself and just remembered faithfulness it better than money in the bank. Three days later I got a call saying they could hire me RIGHT away and to start this week. So I will be working 3 12hr days in a row on a rotating schedule - I'm SOOOO excited. This means we can save a good chunk of money every month for the adoption and we won't be tight either!! Anyway, we also announced to friends if they want to donate to our adoption yard sale fundraiser they could and my carport is FULL of stuff people have dropped off. I'm just feeling good and blessed right now. I also got invited to a Casting Crowns concert on Sat night in Spokane and then I'm off to lead worship for a week at a jr high youth camp(which I'm pretty nervous about) but it will be nice to go to a worship concert the night before and get all in the mood. I just wanted to give a shout out to Nichole (you know who you are) for asking me to the concert and being a good friend - I look forward to a fun drive and getting to know you better!!! I already enjoy our friendship- this will be great!
Peace out - I gotta go sign new hire paperwork in an hr and my hair isn't curled!
Kala

3 comments:

ckitt said...

Congrats on the new job!!

sara b said...

SO excited for you. God is so good. You are going to be great at your new job!! Thanks again for Friday, it was a blast. I have only had probably over twenty shots since then :) just kiddin. sort of. Dusty thanks you too! I will be calling and having you over for another play date soon. Have fun at the concert and good luck with the worship at camp. I will be praying for you!

On Purpose said...

God is SO awesome!

Thanks for agreeing to go along with me...hey being in a car for 3 hours with me could be a little more pain than you signed up for...but the concert will take all the "pain" away...hehe!

I love you my friend!