Friday, August 1, 2008

WHEWW!

Wow what a week!! We just got back from Jr Hi camp where I lead worship. What a blast! The band was amazing and we just had an awesome time leading kids to the throne of God. What an experience. I'm not well versed in leading so it was rough at first but still awesome!!! I'm beat and have LOADS of laundry but hey that's life eh??
The MOST exciting thing of all is --- duh duh duh duh... we have our little boy waiting for us in Ethiopia - AHHHH! I opened up my email and saw we had an update from our agency on waiting children. So I scroll down and see his face and I just knew. So then Jason walked in and asked "Who is that?" and I told him that he was available and he just stared at him and told me to send them an email that we want him. So we contacted our agency and no one else had sent in for information on him so we did our talk with the international pediatrician last night at camp and when we sign and send in our official referral contract HE'S OURS!!! AHHH! Amazing, I can't believe it. He's a show stopper I'm warnin ya, and the girls are super excited. Cute story time - so the other night we were praying before bed and it was Faith's turn so she said her normals thanks for everything and ends with " and Jesus please tell (I don't know if I can say his name online yet) so he'll be BOY for now, in his heart that we are coming for him." It melted my heart what a sweet way to ask God to whisper his family is coming. It must be weird for him when he doesn't know we are planning and praying and freaking out excited that he's coming - he doesn't know we exist yet. Oh but he will!!! His days are coming of Hopie tickling him and then bossing him around, Faithie helping him brush his teeth and Mikey taking his toys. Oh the joy! :). My heart is quite full tonight thinking about how amazing my God is. I went to the Casting Crowns concert and they sang their song " Love her like Jesus" and I lost it. That song hasn't meant much to me until I heard it with the ears of one mommy giving up her baby so another mommy can love and raise him. And my heart breaks now as I think about how she holds him in her thoughts and heart and how she wants to hold his face in her hands. I promise I will do my best to love him like he deserves offering him compassion, love, and a safe place to fall. I cherish her decision to let us be apart of his life and thank my God that took one life from me and gave me another in return. "You give and take away, but blessed be Your name!"
Well not much else going on than being on cloud 9 for the last week. We also just fast forwarded our process by about uh 6 months and uh we don't have all the money yet, so uh hey God remember us!! I am banking on a miracle. Let us pray!! :).

My Jesus, My Saviour
Lord there is none like You
All of my days
I want to praise the wonders of Your mighty love!


Blessings,
Kala

5 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for you.

missy said...

this is so exciting! god will take care of the money. i love how He has revealed himself to your whole family through this!!!

sara b said...

Kala I am so excited for you guys. You know God wanted you to have him as fast as this is happening!! I am praying for you guys. By the way, when is your yard sale? I have a few things....let me know! I can come over and help you if I am available too!!

ckitt said...

I am so excited for your family. Every time I hear about it, I get goose bumps. I am praying you have a miracle yardsale!!

On Purpose said...

Thank you for taking us on this journey with you! I feel so blessed to watch your family go through this process. God is so cool isn't He?!?!

I love you! May you just swim around in joy and excitment today and tomorrow and the next day!