Saturday, August 9, 2008

He did it again!

God is SOOOO good. He is coming through in new ways each day, confirming our adoption and proving faithful in helping us see the light financially in this whole ordeal. Let's clear up a thing or two about adoption, best decision we've ever made and most people assume it's either free or cheap - so um.. to all of you who like me until I researched it knew NOTHING about adoption it's VERY expensive. Whether it's domestic or international (the latter is MUCH more spendy by the way) it's all got cost to it. So when we stepped out in faith to choose to adopt and got lucky enough to find our son like 6-8 months earlier than expected we lifted hands,hearts,and eyes to heaven and asked for money. Cause who doesn't right? Seriously though, we're lucky enough to have some of it through a loan which will be paid off in different ways but ultimately I got a full time job to cover payments and save money and we are just searching out how to find the dough.
Anyway, so we did an adoption yard sale fundraiser and my prayer was just don't let this be a waste of time. And MAN did friends and family come through. We had so much crap - I mean treasures - I mean stuff and we made around $1500. AHHH can you believe it? I'm just amazed and honored to be apart of all of this. God is good.
Oh then we get a call this morning and one of our local news stations heard about our story and the yard sale and they did a story on us that will air tonight at 6pm. My prayer and desire is we will be a catalyst for others to look into adoption - we're not meant to save the world alone but if we partner together we can put a dent in poverty, orphans without hope, and bring tangible relief and help to those who need it. You know the single mom down the road - watch her kids for free, mow her lawn drop off a gift card and don't let her know it came from you. Or the elderly couple - bring them their mail, pull their weeds, and walk them to their car. Anyway,I'll get off my soap box!!
Peace, Blessings and Pass the Olive Garden (that's where we're eating tonight - bring on the one million calorie Fettuccine Alfredo that's already calling my name)
Kala

2 comments:

ckitt said...

We weren't home, so I DVR'd your story. Awesome! Do you have enough stuff left over to pull of a second one with some more donations? I am glad to hear it went well!

On Purpose said...

Celebrating with you guys!

You guys are letting God beam a light through your family...yeah for that!