Friday, August 22, 2008

Peace Be Still

Ok, so I've pretty much been a basket case the last few days - I talked with our agency who does the home study and because we flip flopped our process and aren't done with our home study we are looking at another 2 to 3 months before our home study is done and THEN we can send our paperwork to Ethiopia! So my son is sitting in an orphanage for a couple more months than we thought cause I had no idea that until all our paperwork was in would they even open our file. So thanks to a freakin busy summer I haven't been able to get some of it done which had I known our home visit and everything else was hinging on paperwork completion then I would've tried to bust it out a lot faster although I'm not sure when that would've happened. But since we've been sending them stuff periodically I assumed they were just going to call and say they were coming over not hey by the way when you send us your mountain of paperwork THEN we'll start the home visit process. GRR, so I've been pretty upset, and feeling way too overwhelmed today with hold ups at the bank trying to get a statement of our good standing and they won't do it - and my poor sister is goin through a divorce which I can't get into here - but it's bad ok let's just leave it at that. So I've been up and mad so I opened up my Bible needing a fresh word and looked at the reading for today August 22 and it was Luke 18 1-14. Let me preface this with I need to get my boy home like more than I need to eat (ok almost but like that's the urgency I feel for him). So it starts out "Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea ,'Grant me justice against my adversary.' For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself ' Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!" And the Lord said "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and QUICKLY (emphasis mine). However, when the Song of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" And it keeps going to talk about those who pray and humble themselves are justified while those who boast are not. Anyway, I needed to know that my pleading will pay off and my uneasy spirit can drive me to work like a dog to get this boy home. I'm praying for a miracle - maybe it's peace while we wait for the process or maybe it's getting him home in record time because we are able to get this all done quickly. Unite with me and plead with God to grant me my request, be Big be Fast and be I AM in all we do especially getting our little boy home. On a happy note - we had dinner with friends last night and as we left they gave us $250!! I almost cried on the way home - not only are they financially helping us but they are looking into adoption also. I couldn't be more overjoyed to open eyes and hearts the the world of orphans. Peace and Blessings for all.
Kala

2 comments:

ckitt said...

Do not be discouraged with this set-back, remember it is HIS timing, not ours. Be diligent in your work and keep praying (and I will keep your family in my prayers), and it will all fit together better than the best puzzle you have ever seen. If there is anything I can do to help you with your paperwork process, let me know (I could even watch your kiddos for a few hours here or there). I cannot wait to meet him!

sara b said...

I know it is discouraging Kala but just remember that is in his perfect will. Christi is right, things will fit together perfectly. I can't wait to meet him either!! I am praying for you!